Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Love Trash

 
 
My husband Steven is quite amazing
in so many ways but one of my
favorite things about him is how
he can turn trash into treasures


Several years ago we took out all
the carpet in our upstairs and have
been enjoying the plywood floor


Okay maybe enjoying is not a good word,
but plywood has been much better that
old, smelly carpet, that's for sure


We planned to put laminate flooring down eventually
 

No hurry
 

One day when we were dumping a
pick-up load of trash at the landfill,
a guy pulled up next to us with a
pick-up load of laminate flooring


Steven asked him if we could have it
and he said sure so we loaded
it all into our pick-up


We ended up bringing home a bigger
load from the landfill than we
took to the landfill


And now finally years later we
have started putting our new floor
down and it looks really beautiful




Another treasure that my incredible husband
saved from the garbage is the laptop that
I am writing on this very minute


Someone had thrown it in the recycle bin because
it didn't work but Amazing Steven spent
hours fixing it and now it is my laptop
that I love so much


In fact I love it so much that I was very rarely
ever getting on the desktop anymore
so that will be going to a new home


I thought I needed the desktop to
paint my animal paintings on but the
laptop does just fine for that and I
don't even have to use a mouse


See?
 
 


Not only is my wonderful husband a miracle worker
for finding treasures in the trash but he also finds
incredible deals on Craig's list


Like our new electric fireplace
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Come on over
sit in front of the fireplace
and have a cup of vegan eggnog

Happy Holidays to You!

I Love You
Zoe







No comments:

Post a Comment