Monday, July 15, 2013

Peter Kater

 
 
About 3 weeks ago Peter Kater followed me on Twitter
and I thought wow, that must be a different Peter Kater than
the one who plays such beautiful music on the piano.
But after I followed him he sent a direct message saying
 
Thanks for the follow!
Are you making your own music?
 
This link took me to his facebook page.
Cool! It WAS the real Peter Kater!
Of course, I immediately "liked" his page
and followed him on facebook.
 
Then I tweeted him this...
 
Thank you for following me Peter ♥♫*~♥
I've always loved your music and went to
one of your concerts in Boulder
 
And he favorited my tweet!
 
I was so touched!
So I looked at his other tweets and saw
that he had just given away 2 free tickets to his
inhome concert coming up on July 13 and
the winner was one of my online friends!
 
So I looked on facebook to see if that was
the same Rae Jensan that I knew and it was!
 
So I messaged Rae and she said she
has been to several of his inhome concerts
and highly recommended them to me,
said that I would really love it.
Well I thought it would be cool to meet Rae
in person at Peter's concert so I got a ticket.
 
As it turned out, Rae wasn't able to go
to the concert after all, but that's okay.
We'll probably meet at another one
of Peter's concerts someday.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Steven said he would take me and drop me off
then go to a movie or something. He loves Peter's music too
but felt shy about going to something so intimate
with people he didn't know.
 
When I was trying to find something to wear I
decided my cat dress would be perfect but the
only shoes I had were crocs so I was planning to
go to Goodwill to find some new shoes.
Then I got an email from Peter saying that
dress was casual and everyone was asked to
leave their shoes at the door.
I was so happy to hear that,
it instantly made me feel more relaxed....
 
Well, Saturday night was very magical!
It only took 45 minutes to drive from our house
to Peter's and that was all back roads and no traffic.
Peter met everyone at the door and shook their hand.
 
I said "Hi, I'm Zoe, Rae's friend!"
And he said "I love your socks"
 



I headed for the front row because that's always
my favorite place to be at any kind of concert.
Peter walked in with his tshirt and jeans and bare feet
and made us all feel at home, then started playing
his beautiful grand piano.
The music was so beautiful I could hardly breathe.
 
Peter said no applause please,
but in between songs people could comment
or ask him questions.
 
 
 
I was too spellbound to say anything.
The music took me to another world
and brought me back again transformed.
 
The last song he played was Espresso and it
was probably the most amazing musical experience
I have ever had. I told him so.
And I bought his Piano CD
which is a collection of his most requested
and loved piano compositions.
 
 
 
After the music was over I enjoyed a glass of wine
made a few new friends, then Steven picked me up.
He had had a great time at the movie!
 
Life is always bringing such magical gifts.
 
 
 
 
Peter Kater
Thank you for bringing your beautiful gift
of piano music to the world.
And thank you for seeking me out
so I could be there for your
magical inhome concert.
 
 
Love, Zoe
 











No comments:

Post a Comment